Top 5 buildings
ads and sponsors
- Donna: Dear Ptoni,just now viewing your comment on “asses”. Please check out the...
- alanis hernandez: >zack! can you get any brochures from your dad?
- alanis hernandez: hi, i need some information on the habitat montreal for a presantation im doing. give me some....
- karina: quite interesting Bblin, I’m from Russia is not in English kaif remember ..
- Olyvia: I Love the big ball its GREAT
Ads and Sponsors
Teapot Dome Gas Station, Zillah, WA, USA
Location: Zillah, Washington, USA
Architect: Jack Ainsworth
More info: This little funny looking gas station was built in 1922, intended to be a reminder of the Teapot Dome Scandal involving President Warren G. Harding and a federal petroleum reserve in Wyoming. The scandal rocked the presidency of Harding and sent Interior Secretary Albert Fall to prison for his role in leasing government oil reserves. The building has a circular frame with a conical roof, sheet metal "handle," and a concrete "spout." Said to be the oldest gas station in use in the country, it survived partially because it was moved years ago, to be closer to the interstate. It is no longer in operation.
How to find it: Zillah, Yakima County, Washington State, is a tiny town off Highway I-82. Take exit 54 and turn on Yakima Valley Highway. The gas station is located about 1 mile southwest of the town center.
(Image credits: gayle kingston)
(Image credits: Seth Gaines)